Sunday, March 09, 2014

29/365 Grateful - The Little Blue Boat, Serene Moments & A Hint of Cinnamon

As I awoke I cracked an eye open expecting wet and dreary instead to my surprise I saw baby blue skies with touches of soft pink and low fog.  I jumped out of bed, got the coffee started, and quickly got dressed, threw my hair up in a pony tail gathered up my camera gear and I was off.  If you know me you know that I treasure my weekend mornings, they are set aside for sleeping in, and numerous cups of coffee before I even begin to think about doing anything.

I've been on a search to photograph the snow geese, so I went to my usual spots but after speaking to another photographer it seems I had just missed them, but he believes that they rest in this particular area during the night so it seems i'm going to be getting up very very early for the next couple of days so that I can try to get some shots off before going to work.

These two little boats are in an area that I usually can't get to, right now the water is down low enough that I was able to walk along a bit of shore line.  It was so calm and serene. I sat there and listened to the birds chatter while inhaling the soothing scent of cinnamon pine cones that someone close by must have tossed on their fire.  So for today no Snow Geese to share, maybe tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment