Saturday, April 05, 2008



Blowing in the Wind or Strawberry Fields Forever??? WIP

24" x 36" Acrylic on canvas

I took some photos of these paper strawberries that decorated a booth at the annual Abbotsford Berry Festival last year, I loved how the light played on them as the wind gently blew them around. I debated between painting this in pastel or acrylic, I wanted to paint it using my yummy Terry Ludwig red pastels (they are my favorites) butI also knew that I wanted to do this as a large painting, so I opted to do it in acrylic as my paper size for La Carte pastel paper is limited to about 19" x 25". You never know I might just do a smaller version in Pastel. I thought about naming it "Comedy of Errors" as I struggled remembering all the ins and outs of using acrylics.
Posted by Picasa